Claus D. Wagner
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Results oriented professional, versed in international sales, marketing, and financial affairs.
- Versed in Computer Network Administration -Windows Server - Windows +++ - ISDN – High speed Computer/Internet Connectivity - DSL - Cable Industry Specific Applications (Real Estate Management/Construction and all Generic Software)
- Diligent and detail oriented personality - effective negotiator.
- Proficient in Business and Marketing Plan Development, Implementation, and Execution.
- Languages: English fluent oral & written, German – fluent oral & written, French – conversational, Spanish some, Latin – major (7 years)
- Education: Abitur - Business Administration - Professional School - Wholesale & Export, Bremen, Germany Majors: Accounting, Im- & Export, Economics, International Trade, and Economic Geography.
HISTORY of ACTIVITIES
- General Manager & CFO 1996 to present R. A. Galindo, Inc. (The Galindo Group), Bryan, TX - USA Supervised Property Managers at Residential Property Complexes in Texas. Maintain financial records for a complex network of 12 related Corporations and Limited Partnerships of the Galindo Group. Implement and administer Wide Area Network based on Windows Server using ISDN & DSL connectivity. Contributed substantially to the profitability of the Galindo Group by identifying and seizing profitable Real Estate opportunities and by making adjustments in financial management. Supervised financial aspects of multiple Real Estate Developments and Construction of Rental Properties in Central Texas.
- Self Employed 1994 – 1995/96 International marketing & sales of pre-engineered steel buildings to Europe representing METALLIC BUILDING CO. of Houston, TX. International sales of computer equipment and trading in commodities.
- Sales Manager 1991 – 1994 NetCon, Austin, Texas - USA Supervised sales personnel in Austin and San Antonio selling Novell Networks in the Austin/San Antonio area. Organized the sales, purchasing, and shipping departments.
- President 1989 – 1990 CompuDrug USA, Inc., Austin, Texas (Subsidiary of CompuDrug Ltd., Budapest, Hungary) Conducted day to day operations with full P & L and accounting responsibility. Marketed artificial intelligence based Expert System Software to the chemical and pharmaceutical industry in the U.S.
- President 1988 – 1989 OZZ Research Computers Inc., Austin, Texas Finalized the Initial Public Offering (IPO) on behalf of the Canadian Holding Company at the stock exchange. Full P & L responsibility. Identified and defined new markets for laser disk and CD-ROM based image-processing systems.
- Financial Planner 1987 – 1988 Principal Financial Group, Austin, Texas Prepared buy-out plans for partners of privately held corporations. Sold Life and Health Insurance to personal and business accounts. Specialized in financial consulting for small corporations, their principals, and high-income individuals.
- Vice President, Sales 1985 – 1987 Southwest Technical Products Corp., San Antonio, Texas Successfully realigned and expanded the international dealer base. Closed major accounts in Europe, i.e. Lufthansa German Airlines etc. Member of the corporate operations committee.
- National Sales Manager 1982 – 1985 Digatex Commercial Data Processing Co., Inc., Austin, Texas Directed computer system sales and marketing to the soft drink industry in the U.S. and Canada through regional sales representatives. Personal sales constituted over 50% of total annual corporate sales.
- OEM Channel Manager 1978 – 1982 Texas Instruments, Inc. Austin/Lubbock, Texas Initiated and implemented user oriented OEM sales and marketing programs. Designed and implemented co-op advertising program for the Computer Systems Division. As the Business Development Manager at the Consumer Products Division in Lubbock, Texas I conducted research of target markets for a newly developed desktop computer.
- Manager, Systems & Planning/International Advisor 1963 – 1978 Nixdorf Computer, Inc., Cologne (Germany) & Chicago, IL Directed the department for target market software development and implemented target market promotions nationwide. Supervised the systems staff of multiple branches during the implementation of systems for national accounts (Equitable Life Assurance Co., Bethlehem Steel Corp.). Account Manager to Sears Roebuck & Co. and Stewart Warner Corporation. Planned and organized new sales agencies and subsidiaries in Europe.
RECOGNITIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- University of Texas at Austin - School of Business Guest Speaker
- Univ. of Tx. at Austin - Graduate School, Library & Information Science Guest Speaker
- Texas Instruments, Inc. - Computer Systems Division Commendation for implementing special shows and associated sales results.
- Nixdorf Computer, Inc. - Chicago, IL (Subsidiary of Nixdorf AG – Germany) Member of the "Challenge 100 Club" for continuous annual over quota sales achievements.